Monday 18 November 2019

Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge 2019

    
     This year I am going to participate in the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge starting from November 25th. Here are the rules:
 
  • challenge will run from Monday, November 25, 2019, through Monday, January 6, 2020 (Twelfth Night or Epiphany).
  • cross over with other challenges is totally permitted AND encouraged! 
  • These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, and for the first time...a children's Christmas books level! 
Levels:

--Candy Cane: read 1 book
--Mistletoe: read 2-4 books
--Christmas Tree: read 5 or 6 books (this is the fanatic level...LOL!)

Additional levels:

--Fa La La La Films: watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies...it's up to you!
--Visions of Sugar Plums: read books with your children this season and share what you read

*the additional levels are optional, you still must complete one of the main reading levels above.
 
 I am going to keep my expectations to the minimum and aim for Mistletoe. Who knows I may get a Christmas Tree eventually. . .
 
At present the following books are in the list:
  • One Night on Ice - Mandy Baggot
  • Starlight over Bluebell Castle - Sarah Bennett
  • Let it Snow - Sue Moorcroft
  • One Day in December - Josie Silver
  •  Christmas Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella
  • We Met in December - Rosie Curtis
Wish me luck! Have a great festive season everyone. . .
 

12 comments:

  1. Oh this looks like fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started early - I could have several trees already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems fun! I think I have read a dozen Christmas books this year so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to join this one. I have already started with books and movies but have plenty still lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a cute challenge! I plan to read One Day in December for the holiday season as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your challenge, it sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a super fun challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you enjoy this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh awesome post good luck in your reading challenge I hope you enjoy it. This holiday reading challenge looks like a lot of fun I might need to check it out myself. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.