Friday 17 April 2020

Project Hero - Briar Prescott

Date of Reading: 16/04/2020
Author: Briar Prescott
Publication Date: March 26, 2020
Source: BookSirens
Rating: 4.5/5

About the book:

What if you accidentally fell in love with the right guy?

Andy:
If my life was a movie, I would be the sidekick. Not an especially promising start when my plan is to finally let my best friend know I have a crush on him. No worries, though. I have a plan. I just need a complete makeover. Change everything about myself so that when Falcon returns from his summer vacation, he can finally see I’m the love of his life. I totally know what I’m doing here.
Well, not really.
If I knew what I was doing, I wouldn’t look like every nerd cliché wrapped into one awkward package.
In short, I’m screwed.
But then Law Anderson enters the picture…

Law:
It’s all very simple. I need somebody to tutor my hockey team, and Andy needs somebody to help him with his crush. Sounds like a match made in heaven.
Only the more time I spend with Andy, the more I like this quirky guy who makes me laugh, and pretty soon I’m the one who’s tutoring Andy in way more than we initially agreed upon.
It’s fine.
I have it all under control.
But as weeks pass and the chemistry between us turns explosive, I’m starting to think that I might be in way over my head with Andy.
If only I could make Andy realize that he doesn’t need to change himself for love. If only I could make Andy see that he just needs to be with somebody who has considered him perfect all along…

Review:

     Not recognising the right person right in front of you . . . definitely a tale as old as time, but it never loses its appeal. This story incorporates this particular trope in the cutest way imaginable. Romance involving a physics nerd with a wry sense of humour and a handsome (former) hockey player who is so down to earth is surely a recipe for a swoon worthy love story. And that is what 'Project Hero' delivers.
      The novel made me recall why I love reading romance. It's fun, light and within no time we get into an easy rapport with the characters. Narrated through dual POV, the novel will soon have you in a giggling fit, especially whenever Andy comes into the picture. Even with his low self esteem and fear of public speaking, the guy is nothing short of hilarious. Law Anderson is right: he doesn't need to change to find love.
      I loved the way story progressed culminating in a beautiful epilogue set after ten years. What didn't sit well with me is the sex education part, that felt too cliched. But apart from that minor blip, this had been a hugely enjoyable story. Highly recommended!

Meet the author:

Briar Prescott is a work in progress. She swears too much, doesn't eat enough leafy greens and binge watches too much television. It's okay, though. One of these days she'll get a hang of that adulting thing.

Probably.
Maybe.
She hopes.

You can contact Briar by email at prescottbriar@gmail.com. Seriously, she'd be so happy to hear from you.
You can also visit Briar's webpage at briarprescott.com

9 comments:

  1. This sounds fun, dual POV is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a story with a good epilogue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romance is such a good genre. 💖 We all need light hearted right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like my kind of book, thanks for sharing your review!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure this would be for me with the dual POV but the storyline sounds interesting. Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.