Sunday 12 August 2018

Come Away With Me - Maddie Please

Date of Reading: 12/08/2018
Author: Maddie Please
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: August 13, 2018
Source: NetGalley 
Rating: 4.5/5

About the book:

When Alexa Fisher finds herself trapped on a twelve-day cruise to celebrate her younger sister’s hen-do – just the two of them – she wishes she’d jumped overboard.

Despite the age difference, India has always been the judgemental sibling, and there’s been even more friction than usual since ‘the big engagement’. With India constantly obsessing over wedding plans, Alexa has never felt more single, or more of a failure.

If only she could find a man who was funny, handsome and faithful. But when she meets the enigmatic (and *gorgeous*) Gabriel Frost on the cruise, he is as cold as his name suggests… Isn’t he?

Set sail for an adventure on the high seas, it’s time for Alexa to discover that sometimes romance can surprise you!
 

My Review:

       To be honest, I just picked this book only because I didn't find anything of interest in NetGalley at that time. Oh, there is nothing wrong with the theme. It is just . . . being not a daughter of Poseidon I am quite unnerved by the so-called magnificence of the sea or should I say its destructive power? I tend to avoid anything related to the sea, movies included. So if I say I completely loved this book, you can fairly imagine the rest.
       As the cover blurb informs you, this is the story of two sisters, Alexa (for Alexandria) and India. Their wanderlust parents named them after the two places they loved most. Alexa is the responsible eldest with no boyfriend, while India is endowed with good looks and is about to get married. Yesss, it is '27 Dresses' all over again, but in a cruise ship. The novel traces the twelve days of their travel where their old bond and comradeship return.
      The readers are taken along with their beautiful journey and while closing the book, I felt I just finished a very rewarding and comforting cruise adventure.  Why can't they write travel books in this mode? There is, of course, a love story but that only makes a mere twenty percentage of the book. And the amazing thing is, I really didn't mind it at all. I was so immersed in Alexa and India that not even once I fast forwarded to check when Gabriel Frost will make his next appearance.
        Thank you, Avon and NetGalley for giving me this review copy. It has captivated me so much that I won't mind going on a ship anymore. 

Meet the author:

Maddie Please was born in Dorset, brought up in Worcestershire and went to university in Cardiff. Following a career as a dentist, Maddie now writes full-time and lives in Devon with her exceptionally handsome and supportive husband.

The Summer of Second Chances was Maddie’s debut novel, and it was the result of Chris Manby’s brilliant plotting workshop in beautiful Cornwall.
Maddie’s second book The Year of New Adventures was published by Avon Maze in February 2018.

11 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like a fun read

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks and feels like a cruise read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this. Lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a nice one, I did enjoy 27 dresses too 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a cute read. I've done the exact same thing with NetGalley that you did. Fortunately, I've liked everything I found.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a cute, fun read. Might have to pick it up at some point. Lovely review.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Thanks for sharing such a useful and informative post. Keep updating more updates like this.
    Sebi registered advisory company

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate, you taking the time to leave one. and will do my best to answer every one.
    data entry services companies

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.