Sunday 7 July 2019

Our Stop - Laura Jane Williams

 Date of Reading: 03/07/2019
Author: Laura Jane Williams
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: June 13, 2019
Source: NetGalley 
My Rating: 4/5
 
About the book:
 
What if you almost missed the love of your life?
Nadia gets the 7.30 train every morning without fail. Well, except if she oversleeps or wakes up at her friend Emma’s after too much wine.

Daniel really does get the 7.30 train every morning, which is easy because he hasn’t been able to sleep properly since his dad died.

One morning, Nadia’s eye catches sight of a post in the daily paper:

To the cute girl with the coffee stains on her dress. I’m the guy who’s always standing near the doors… Drink sometime?

So begins a not-quite-romance of near-misses, true love, and the power of the written word.


My Review:

       This is indeed 'Serendipity' reborn. I loved that movie and so was in no doubt got engrossed with this prettily written novel. With an exciting start (Nadia's first day of new beginnings), the story turns out to be unputdownable halfway through. I am not a regular fan of dual narration, but here I grudgingly admit that the technique was perfect.
        There are so many near misses to make you groan aloud in frustration and will also push you to see it to the end. And the meeting at last . . . ah! it was so worth it. The train guy was right in front of her the whole time. If that is not a lesson to get acquainted with our neighbours, I am not sure what is.  
     Altogether if you are looking for an easy to finish, exciting romance, just go for this blindly. Mind you, better start believing in destiny and true love because as the story of Nadia and Daniel teaches us, miracles do happen. 

Meet the author:


Laura Jane Williams is the author of cult non-fiction memoirs Ice Cream for Breakfast and Becoming, as well as rom-com Our Stop. Our Stop is a HELLO! Magazine summer book club pick and RED Magazine called it "a must read". She is currently working on her next novel - and Instagramming at @laurajaneauthor

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a really cute read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to read this one. It sounds so cute! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Serendipity, so I might check this one out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok this looks adorable and I need it! Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i requested this book a while ago on netgalley im excited to start reading it, great review

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a sweet treat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I quite like a duel narrative. I'm glad you enjoyed this one.
    Gemma @ Gemma's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great read. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just know I would love this.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.