Monday 28 January 2019

Sorry Not Sorry - Sophie Ranald

Date of Reading: 28/01/2019
Author: Sophie Ranald
Publisher: Bookouture
Expected Publication: February 13, 2019
Source: NetGalley
Rating: 5/5

About the book:

Is this all there is? I hadn’t had so much as a sniff of a shag for over a year. I scraped the last dregs of Caramel Chew Chew ice cream out of the bottom of the tub with my finger and licked it. It left a sticky smear on my phone’s screen when I typed into Google, “How to find love, sex and happiness.” 

Charlotte has always been a good girl. 

She sorts her paper from her plastic. She eats her greens (even Spirulina, whatever that is). Boozy brunches with her best friends on the third Sunday of every month are about as bad as she gets. 

But being good is getting boring… 

Charlotte’s not just stuck in a rut – she’s buried in it up to her chin. The only company she has in bed is the back catalogue of Netflix and falling in love feels like the stuff of fairy tales. So when she stumbles across a popular podcast, Sorry Not Sorry, which challenges women to embrace their inner bad girl, she jumps at the chance to shake things up. 

Old Charlotte would never ask for a stranger’s number, go on a blind date or buy lacy lingerie… But New Charlotte is waving goodbye to her comfort zone (with a side order of margaritas). And it turns out that good things happen to bad girls, as Charlotte finally finds her Mr Right – or so she thinks… Is falling in love too tough a challenge even for Charlotte? 

Fans of Sophie Kinsella, Mhairi McFarlane and Matt Dunn will love this fabulously feel-good novel that will make you laugh till you cry and leave you living life to the full, margarita in hand!

My Review:

        I don't know how much my review will do justice to this book with my sleep induced brain, but my excited heart won't allow me to rest until I have posted this. Have you ever felt that particular urge to share your excitement just after reading an amazing novel? Ever experienced that bubbling happiness that won't be subdued unless you narrate the story to at least one person? If yes, then you know what I am going through now. Yup! I have found this wonderful chick lit (quite accidentally, in fact) and there is only one thing I can shout at you: READ IT!
         Well, since it is made quite clear how much I enjoyed reading it, let's go to the question of why. I am an avid Sophie Kinsella fan and anything of her style is always a bliss. They are not joking in the blurb about this being suitable for Kinsella fans -- the novel is a clever combination of humour, mystery and romance typical of the chick lit and it will keep you on your toes till the very end. (Even now I am tapping my feet on the floor 😇 )
      Charlotte is a heroine that is close to my heart and reading her story, thanks to the exemplary narrative skills of the author, was like being a part of her life. Boyfriend trouble, bridesmaid crisis and stifling but enjoyable work life . . . that pretty much surmises the plot we will go through. Even paced, with bits of mystery and conflicts strewed in between, the novel makes an excellent light read that is hard to put down. It cost me a night's sleep, but that was so worth it. Happy reading everyone!

Meet the author:

Sophie Ranald is the youngest of five sisters. She was born in Zimbabwe and lived in South Africa until an acute case of itchy feet brought her to London in her mid-20s. As an editor for a customer publishing agency, Sophie developed her fiction-writing skills describing holidays to places she'd never visited. In 2011, she decided to disregard all the good advice given to aspiring novelists and attempt to write full-time. Sophie also writes for magazines and online about food, fashion and running. She lives in south-east London with her amazing partner Hopi and Purrs, their adorable little cat. 

12 comments:

  1. Great review. I am glad that you enjoyed it so much and love the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab review - happy this one was such a win for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx for this - I ran to netgallery and requested a copy based on your rave review - fingers crossed I get approved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow sounds like a super fun, light read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always great when you find a book you love. Thanks for the review.
    Gemma @ www.gemmasbooknook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a super fun read! I am in! I am also running to NetGalley to snag a copy...fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful review! I love when a book is so good it keeps me up all night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review. I have this book coming up too. Glad to see you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great review! Looks like a really interesting read!!
    Melissa
    http://melissasfandomworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing review Finitha, I am really glad you fully enjoyed reading this book and it really does looks and sounds like an amazingly fun book! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome post and for putting this book on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen this book before, I might be interested in this.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.