Tuesday 10 July 2018

Matchmaking for Beginners - Maddie Dawson

Date of Reading: 23/06/2018
Author: Maddie Dawson
Publisher: Lake Union
Place: Seattle
Year: 2018
Rating: 4/5
From: NetGalley




About the book:

Marnie MacGraw wants an ordinary life—a husband, kids, and a minivan in the suburbs. Now that she’s marrying the man of her dreams, she’s sure this is the life she’ll get. Then Marnie meets Blix Holliday, her fiancĂ©’s irascible matchmaking great-aunt who’s dying, and everything changes—just as Blix told her it would.

When her marriage ends after two miserable weeks, Marnie is understandably shocked. She’s even more astonished to find that she’s inherited Blix’s Brooklyn brownstone along with all of Blix’s unfinished “projects”: the heartbroken, oddball friends and neighbours running from happiness. Marnie doesn’t believe she’s anything special, but Blix somehow knew she was the perfect person to follow in her matchmaker footsteps.

And Blix was also right about some things Marnie must learn the hard way: love is hard to recognize, and the ones who push love away often are the ones who need it most.

My Review:

       I added this to my overflowing TBR pile, due to the numerous positive reviews I found on the web. And the novel won't disappoint you a bit. As you must have guessed already, the storyline is unique and the incorporation of magic realism blends well with the plot.
        What interested me most was Marnie, the imperfect heroine. I have seen many complaining of her as she has cheated on her fiance. Well, obviously that is a major issue, but may be that is what makes this novel dear to our hearts. Even with the little magical powers involved, this splashes us with reality, giving a break to perfect Cinderella stories.
         Then there is Blix, who I think have blixed all us readers. One could almost feel her wishes of happiness flowing throughout the book, seeping into our bloodstream and to our heart. Her matchmaking projects are one of a kind and many a time I felt really jealous as to how she marched on with her life.
        All in all, I will recommend this precious book to anyone looking for a different romance read. It will surprise and enthral you till the very end!

Meet the author:

I'm the author of seven novels about love, crazy families, secrets, parenthood, and--yes, they have reasonably happy endings. Kind of like life. My newest, Matchmaking for Beginners, is released on June 1, 2018. My other novels are The Survivor's Guide to Family Happiness, The Opposite of Maybe, The Stuff That Never Happened, Kissing Games of the World and A Piece of Normal
My first novel, What Comes After Crazy, was written under the name Sandi Kahn Shelton

13 comments:

  1. This sounds really cute! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Adding this to my TBR pile. It sounds like a really good read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this one through Amazon first and now excited to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. This sounds like a cute read. Love the book cover design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, it sounds like a fun review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sound of this book. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review, this one looks and sounds like a really cute and fun book, I'm really glad you enjoy it. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome post and for putting this book on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work done by you .Informative and problem-solving content that users can easily digest can work really great for almost all types of blogs. When a user find something informative on a blog, he/she is more likely to come back again in future to get something valuable from your side.







    Assignment Writing Help

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. Explore a supernatural world and master the art of wizady in game sims 4 cheats: realm of magic. Coming on

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Name is Abhay Kumar. I’m a Blogger living in India. I am a fan of technology, design, and writing. I’m also interested in programming and blog. I would like to share articles related to SEO, blogging tutorials, WordPress Tutorial, Make money online. You can read my blog.Python training course in gurgaon

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.