Thursday 7 June 2018

Coming Home to Ottercombe Bay - Bella Osborne

 
Date of Reading: 07/06/2018
Author: Bella Osborne
Publisher: Avon
Place: London
Publication Date: 28th June 2018
Rating: 4/5
From: NetGalley 




About the book:

Ottercombe Bay was originally published as a four-part serial. This is the complete story in one package.
 
Daisy Wickens has returned to Ottercombe Bay, the picturesque Devon town where her mother died when she was a girl. She plans to leave as soon as her great uncle’s funeral is over, but Great Uncle Reg had other ideas. He’s left Daisy a significant inheritance – an old building in a state of disrepair, which could offer exciting possibilities, but to get it she must stay in Ottercombe Bay for twelve whole months.

With the help of a cast of quirky locals, a few gin cocktails and a black pug with plenty of attitude, Daisy might just turn this into something special. But can she ever hope to be happy among the ghosts of her past?
 

My Review:

        The moment I saw the cover I totally fell in love with this book. Yes, yes I know. I should not be judging by appearances. But what was inside was equally heartwarming and comforting. The book traces one year in Daisy's life when she is forced to stay in Ottercombe Bay in order to get her inheritance. So keeping her wanderlust on hold, she is forced to confront the painful memories related to her mother's death.
         There is  a mystery, a bit of romance and a lot of funny moments all thanks to the cunning black pug, Bugsy. I am glad Osborne gave him much importance, we can't help but adore him. I  eagerly waited for his pranks all the time.
        Osborne has successfully captured the life of Ottercombe in its true beauty and it stays as a soothing, calm village with helping, lovely neighbours till the very end. Quirky Tamsyn, sweet Jason, annoying but loving Max, caring Coral and the list goes on. It was almost as if I was living there myself. We could feel the salty sea breeze and a certain cosiness that can only be found in Ottercombe Bay. 
        Thank you, Avon, for giving me a review copy via NetGalley. It was an enjoyable read!

Meet the author:

I've been jotting down my stories as far back as I can remember. Somehow life took over, I got a sensible job in project management and the writing has remained a passion.
I live in The Midlands with my lovely husband and our wonderful daughter, who thankfully, both accept me as I am (with my mad morning hair and a penchant for skipping).
You can follow me on Twitter @osborne_bella. 

11 comments:

  1. The cover looks too pretty to be not fallen for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such a fun summer read. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a charming cover and story. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover IS adorable and your review makes the story sound pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I want to live in that house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun summer read. The cover is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review, I keep seeing this book everywhere. Looks good. Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great summer read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, seems like a cute read. And a little mystery? Nice!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.